SIPA works to realize its mission by promoting and encouraging a high standard of business ethics among its members and the seed industry through the development of a Code of Conduct.
Seed Innovation and Protection Alliance (“Alliance”) supporting companies shall sustain and advance the integrity, honor, and prestige of the seed industry by:
1. Complying at all times with the Alliance Antitrust Compliance Policy;
2. Understanding and complying with valid and relevant federal and state laws as well as foreign national laws relating to intellectual property rights in seed and seed technologies, including judicial interpretations of such laws;
3. Establishing best practices related to the protection or enforcement of seed and seed technologies;
4. Honoring valid contracts, including but not limited to, production, marketing, distribution, or sale of seed, between seed companies, service providers, suppliers, and customers involving the use and protection of intellectual property as well as governing confidentiality and trade secrets; and
5. Honoring agreements to arbitrate disputes involving the sale of seed, including agreements relating to the use of intellectual property, and abiding by all binding arbitration or judicial decisions thereof.
A determination that a supporting company has participated in conduct that is in violation of this Code of Conduct may result in disciplinary action which may include public notification of the violation, a letter of reprimand or admonition, suspension of participation in Alliance programs, expulsion from Alliance, or such other sanction as the Board of Directors deems appropriate and in accordance with applicable laws.