The American Seed Trade Association: Promoting the research, development and movement of quality seed to meet the world’s demand for food, feed, fiber and fuel.
The Association of Official Seed Certifying Agencies is dedicated to assisting clients in the production, identification, distribution and promotion of certified classes of seed and other crop propagation materials.
The Canadian Intellectual Property Office is the Canadian agency for copyrights, patents, trademarks and industrial designs.
The purpose of this site is to allow organic seed vendors and potential customers to find one another. The seed listings are dynamic and will change during the year to reflect new vendors and seed availability.
Public Intellectual Property Resource for Agriculture
Website from the American Seed Trade Association, dedicated to the benefits of plant breeding innovations.
Website dedicated to Roundup Ready Soybean Patent Expiration.
The Federal Bureau of Investigation provides information on safeguarding organizational secrets.
International Union for the Protection of New Varieties of Plants was brought together to provide and promote a system of plant variety protection.
The United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) is the U.S. Federal agency for granting U.S. utility, plant and design patents as well as the registration of trademarks.
The US Plant Variety Protection Office administers the Plant Variety Protection Act (PVPA), issuing Certificates of Protection.
The World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) is an international repository of information related to international and country specific intellectual property information, policy, databases and other information.
- Can I Save That Seed? published in SeedWorld, December 2018
- Branding Irons for Wheat, published in Seedworld, November 2018
- Zip Up Your Proprietary Data, published in SeedWorld, September 2018
- SIPA Celebrates Four Years of Success, the Best is Yet to Come, published in SeedWorld, July 2018
- What, How and Why Seed Businesses Should Use Copyrights, published in Seedworld, February 2018
- Helping Wheat Farmers Increase Farm Profitability, December 2017
- What’s Next For Wheat? published in SeedWorld, September 2017
- Seed Innovations Benefit All of the Seed Industry – published in SeedWorld, August 2017
- Protecting Seed Technology – published in Western Growers – July 2017
- Seed Innovation Matters to Farmers – published in SeedWorld, June 2017
- Safeguarding IP – published in SeedWorld, March 2017
- Protect the Green – published in SeedWorld, January 2017
- Investigate Before Saving – published in SeedWorld, December 2016
- Alliance Supports Innovation Through Education – published, December 2015
- New Alliance Aims to Further Understanding of IP Protection – October 2015
Become a SIPA Member
The Seed Innovation and Protection Alliance is established to promote the understanding and value of seed innovations as well as to facilitate and promote the respect of intellectual property rights for the benefit of members, growers, industry associates, consumers and the agricultural community.Inquire About SIPA Membership